Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fate

I want to meet you without planning it. Just run into you randomly as we pass through each others lives. Pass you on the street as you drop your mittens, smile as I return them to you. For that fleeting instant we would be in the others life, that one moment the constant worry of the world would lift off of our shoulders. One smile, given and hopefully returned, would bring instantaneous peace to our hearts. And who knows? Maybe I'd get curious and follow you to the bus stop sitting a few seats behind you. I'd realize my obsession with that small smile I had seen only moments before was borderline creepy and proceed to get off at the next stop. Accidentally getting off at the wrong stop you'd follow me off the bus and smile when you saw me walking away. Chasing after me you'd make small talk and from there we'd get a drink. We'd walk downtown and laugh as I failed to catch a taxi, having never tried before, and live the rest of the day in each others eyes. Run into the candy store and live like we were 6 years old. Find the tallest building in the city and ride the elevators till we hit the top. Attempt to sneak out onto the roof, and unable to open the rooftop access we'd laugh at every floor on the way down, but smile secretly when we had company for a floor or two. We'd find a lost life and teach them to sing, but argue over what song was most appropriate. Colour crayon pictures in the library, screaming and yelling up and down the rows of books. We'd steal food from a vice presidents dinner and give it to someone laying in the street. Lose interest in the world and get lost together for awhile, then come smiling back into reality when a sudden rain shower caught us outside. Each cold wet drop would dampen our bodies but not our spirits, we'd be shivering and completely soaked without an umbrella but then we'd kiss to keep our lips warm. We'd lay and watch the sunset over the mountains. Watching the colours spread across the sky. And as you lay in my arms I'd finally ask you your name, which I had not known all day long. As you whisper it in my ear we'd both smile and snuggle closer to each other.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment