Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's Ignore the World.

It's all so very simple. Living life as we know it. We spend our lives in sweet monotony. It's all pretty plain. But that's ok. We're happy with that. Let's watch the snow fall inch by inch. Let water dance with sand. See the wind race through trees. In our minds life will be grand. We're not insane. Watching each little thing. Carelessly growing up in circles of serenity. Spending each second in innocence. So let's go somewhere only we know. Somewhere we can be alone.

Deviation from this life is hopeless. We just fall asleep again, to avoid it all. Or maybe I was just asleep. I knew it was a dream to good to be true. Don't tell me I was just asleep. Let this fantasy be mine to keep. But if it's true, I'll be there when you awake. How else are cheeks kept dry today? But that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'll do whatever it takes. Given the chance.

So when nightmares come alive and I'm struggling to survive. Don't wake me up. I'm sleeping in. Searching for a world in which dreams come true and the earth slows down for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment